The following CODE OF ETHICS governs the relationship of Board members with the APSWC. IT does not aim to provide a standard code by the industry
Each Board Member hereby agrees to:
- Make decisions solely in the terms of the interest of the spa and wellness industry and be guided in all activities by honesty, transparency, fairness, neutrality and integrity.
- Encourage honesty of claims within the industry; trust in menus, marketing, product claims and service promises
- Respect intellectual property rights
- Keep confidential any and all information obtained through hi/her participation in the APSWC. Coalition information must not be used for any purpose other than which it was intended. Board members may not use, sell or distribute any information, and may not allow others to do so unless otherwise authorised by the Board.
- Develop professionalism within the labour force, helping to eliminate undesirable business practises and creating opportunities for skills development and professional fulfilment. Goad members further agree to promote and support these principles by leadership and example.
- Respect, promote and protect the authenticity of Traditional Therapies
- Refrain form representing him/herself as an agent of APSWC in order to gain financial or other benefits for themselves, their family or friends. Board members further agree to refrain from using the APSWC logo in promotion of one’s own business, including on one’s website, and in personal and business communications
- Declare any private interest relating to their APSWC duties and to take steps to resolve any conflicts arising in a way that protects the APSWC and promotes our integrity and transparency
- Refrain from making promises or commitments that may crease (or imply) moral, legal or financial obligations on behalf of the APSWC, unless authorised in writing to do so by the Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer
- Support the Coalition’s objectives through active participation of no less than one hour per week and attend no less than 50% of all scheduled meetings whether they be online, teleconference or in person.